Keto Chicken Curry
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Large bunch of coriander, leaves and stems
- 3 tbsp of ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp of turmeric, ground
- 1 ½ tsp of cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon of coriander, ground
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1kg chicken thighs diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Pulse the onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic and fresh coriander until all ingredients are finely chopped. Add a tbsp of olive oil or water if required.
- Add coconut oil or ghee to a large saucepan over low heat, add blender ingredients and gently saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and ground coriander and continue to gently saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir well to combine with the other ingredients, continue to cook for another 2 minutes before adding the diced chicken.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook the chicken in the spices for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper and reduce heat to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with a side of cauliflower rice.
- Pulse a head of cauliflower florets in a blender until texture of rough crumbs.
- Saute in olive oil with a splash of water and whatever seasoning you like until ‘rice’ is tender. Add chopped herbs and squeeze of lime or lemon juice and some toasted almond flakes.