Keto-Friendly Pesto Pasta Recipe
Looking for a keto-friendly pesto pasta recipe, and wondering if such a thing exists?
This recipe uses courgette as a substitute for spaghetti and features a simple homemade pesto. The whole meal can be knocked up in 20 minutes, so it’s the perfect midweek dish.
All our recipes are developed by our nutritional therapist Jackie to ensure that they are good for brain and body, especially for those following the Bredesen Protocol for dementia or Alzheimer’s symptoms.
This recipe is:
– low carb
– high fat
– perfect for a Mediterranean diet plan
We hope you enjoy it!
Keto-Friendly Pesto Pasta
- 300 g GF oats
- 300 g mixed nuts - chopped pecans, macadamia, almonds, cashews etc.
- 100 g mixed seeds chia, sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseed etc.
- 100 g dried fruit coconut flakes, desiccated coconut, raisins, chopped dried dates, apricots or figs etc.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or cinnamon optional!
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or 1 mashed banana
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together
- Put the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a pan to melt coconut oil and warm through.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and mix until well coated, then spread out over a large shallow baking sheet.
- Use your hands to squish together to form little bundles of granola.
- Put in oven for 15 mins, then take out and turn/mix with a spatula.
- Return to oven for a further 10-15 mins – it’s done when it starts to form little crunchy heaps.
- Allow to cool and store in a jar.
- Serve with any of the following: yoghurt, almond milk, berries or sprinkle onto porridge to add some lovely crunch. It’s also great for a quick snack or if you are craving something sweet.