Ketogenic Broccoli and Sprout Soup
This green, winter soup is a great option for those looking for a delicious yet health-conscious starter for a festive meal.
Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C and has nearly as much calcium as whole milk, along with vitamins A and E and selenium. Broccoli is a fantastic health-boosting food rich in phytonutrients shown to benefit arthritis, immune system, blood pressure and much more.
Avocado is a superfood rich in healthy fats, vitamin E, potassium and folic acid.
Brussels sprouts support the body’s detox, antioxidant and inflammatory systems providing protection against chronic diseases. Rich in vitamin K for strong bones, blood clotting and heart protection.
All our recipes are developed by our nutritional therapist Jackie to ensure that they are good for brain and body, especially for those following the Bredesen Protocol for dementia or Alzheimer’s symptoms.
This recipe is:
– low carb
– high fat
We hope you enjoy it!
Keto Broccoli and Sprout Soup
Keto Broccoli & Brussels Soup
- * Head of broccoli
- * 6-10 Brussels sprouts
- * Avocado
- * Half pint chicken stock or bone broth
- * Seasoning options: chilli flakes basil, coriander, parsley, grated cheddar cheese, nutritional yeast, salt & pepper, lemon/lime juice, natural yoghurt.
- - Chop and steam broccoli for 3-4mins (pint of water to steam)
- - Chop Brussels sprouts in half and cook in steaming water at same time as broccoli is steaming
- - Blend broccoli, Brussels and avocado with cooking water and additional half pint of chicken stock to reach desired consistency
- - Warm through and add in preferred seasoning options.