Coconut Veggie Stirfry With Cauliflower Rice
Stir fry is the perfect speedy mid-week dinner, and this keto-friendly version uses whizzed up cauliflower instead of rice to really boost your veg intake for the day.
All our recipes are developed by our nutritional therapist Jackie to ensure that they are good for brain and body, especially for those following the Bredesen Protocol for dementia or Alzheimer’s symptoms.
This recipe is:
– low carb
– high fat
We hope you enjoy it!
Coconut Veggie Stir Fry
Coconut Veggie Stir-Fry with Cauliflower Rice
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 5 small pattypan squash trimmed and quartered (if not available use Courgettes)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ⅓ cup thinly slivered red onion
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened large coconut flakes toasted
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh coriander
- Place the cauliflower in the container of a food processor. Cover and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped (about the size of rice). Set aside.
- In a large wok, stir-fry the broccoli and squash/courgette in the sesame oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce the heat to medium if the vegetables brown too quickly. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- To the same wok, add the ginger and garlic. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 30 seconds. Carefully add the coconut milk, liquid aminos, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat, the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is just tender and starting to brown.
- Return the vegetables to the wok. Cook and stir for 1 minute to heat through. Spoon the cauliflower rice evenly onto two serving plates. Top with the broccoli mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with the coconut and coriander.